Saturday, September 6, 2008

Not Fair! 80/20 Rule - Replay the Good Stuff!

I am doing this backwards! I am spending 80% of my time on the 20% of my students who are disruptive, disrespectful and who disregard the classroom rules! That is not fair to the 80% of my students who are READY TO LEARN!
Instead of allowing this to continue, I am going to take advantage of my adminstrators, the In School Suspension teacher, the Alternative teacher, the At Risk counselor and the parents of these students. I am also going to make home visits!
When I go home at night, way late at night, I think about the bad behaving students. I have a particular class of 26 and 2 are not READY TO LEARN! But I have 24 who are READY TO LEARN!
I don't reflect on what a great response J had about narratives and what a good answer D gave about Venn diagrams. I don't reflect on how C and Y were composing and editing their paragraphs and using the vocabulary words from this week and from last week. But I need to develop the habit of thinking about the positive stuff! Of course, I am still going to be concerned about my students who need more attention. But I need to replay the good stuff too!

No comments: